The Energy and Water Ombudsman Queensland (EWOQ) is a free, fair and independent dispute resolution service for unresolved complaints with your electricity, gas or water supplier. Before you contact EWOQ with your complaint, you must first try to resolve the problem with your electricty, gas or water company.
Free call 1800 662 837 Complaints  |   Resources  |   Scheme Participants  |   Embedded Networks

Disclosure - what to tell us

During the recruitment and selection process, you need to give us information to help us determine your suitability for the role with the Energy and Water Ombudsman Queensland (EWOQ).

Here is a list of key information you need to disclose to us.

Serious disciplinary action

You must disclose any previous serious disciplinary action taken against you in the Queensland Public Service.

We consider any relevant disclosures when determining your suitability.

Citizenship requirements

Temporary appointments

To be eligible for temporary appointment, you must provide proof that you can legally work in Australia.

Permanent appointments

Under section 127 of the Public Service Act 2008, only applicants who meet these citizenship requirements can be appointed permanently to the Queensland Public Service:

  • an Australian citizen
  • a person who resides in Australia and has permission or a right to be granted permission, under Commonwealth law, to remain in Australia indefinitely
  • a New Zealand citizen who has a special category visa or a right to be granted a special category visa under the Migration Act 1958 (Cwth).

Lobbyist disclosure

All newly appointed EWOQ employees must disclose any employment as a lobbyist in the previous 2 years within 1 month of commencing employment.

For more information, read the Queensland Government policy on Disclosure of previous employment as a lobbyist.

Other paid employment

If you wish you engage in paid secondary employment outside of EWOQ, you must apply to the Energy and Water Ombudsman in writing, as soon as possible after commencing employment.

Early retirement, redundancy and retrenchment payments

You need to tell us if you’ve received any early retirement, redundancy or retrenchment payments.

If you’ve received severance benefits and are re-employed by a Queensland Government entity within the period covered by the severance benefit, you may need to re-pay part or all the benefit.

For more information, see: