Benefits and conditions
There are many benefits to working with EWOQ, including great working conditions, flexible arrangements and career opportunities.
We prioritise health and safety, and aim to help every team member reach their full potential, and balance work and life commitments.
Salary and benefits
We offer all our team members:
- a competitive salary structure, including up to 12.75% employer superannuation contributions
- generous leave entitlement, including leave loading up to 17.5% (5 weeks leave and 14% leave loading for team members in Far North Queensland) and 2 weeks of sick leave per year
- 13 weeks of long service leave after 10 years (accessible after 7 years)
- maternity and parental leave, and other personal leave options for carers, emergencies, critical incidents and disasters
- flexible 36.25 hour working week and conditions
- a genuine focus on health and wellbeing, including flu vaccinations, corporate health insurance program, health and wellbeing program and employee assistance program
- flexible working arrangements, such as part-time work, flexible start and finish times and working from home arrangements
- salary packaging options
- potential recognition of prior service (long service and sick leave entitlements) from previous government or educational institutions.
Public sector working conditions, including pay and entitlements, are outlined in legislation, awards, agreements, directives, policies and guidelines. For more information, see the Public Service Commission website.
Careers in EWOQ
Some of our roles are in:
- communication and marketing
- finance, procurement and property management
- human resources
- information technology
- intake and assessment
- investigation and conciliation
- learning and development
- reporting and analytics
Read more about our leadership and teams.
Achievement and recognition programs
We value the efforts of our teams and enjoy acknowledging and rewarding team members.
We regularly celebrate outstanding contributions by individuals and teams.
Community engagement opportunities
We promote innovation, development and leadership.
Our Leadership Team and Executive Management Group both help team members make a real difference to Queensland communities in their roles.
We attend many events across Queensland as part of our community engagement.
EWOQ is an equal employment opportunity employer. We respect and support diversity and equity in the workplace, and aim create a workforce that reflects the communities we serve.
We encourage all team members to interact respectfully and competently with people from all cultural backgrounds.
We are proud to be delivering on our second reconciliation action plan.
We welcome all people to apply for roles with us. We employ new team members based on:
- knowledge and abilities
- specific requirements of the role.
If you need us to make any adjustments through the recruitment process, discuss these with the contact person in your position description before your interview. We consider all reasonable requests.
Employee Assistance Program
We support our team members through more difficult times, including grief, depression and domestic violence.
They can access free, professional counselling to help them work through any problems that may affect their personal or work life.
This service is also available to immediate family members.
Team members can access various learning and professional development opportunities, including:
- in-house training and awareness
- professional networks
- practical and on-the-job training
- cross-team projects
- transfers and secondments
- study and research assistance
- an induction program, including mandatory training.