The Energy and Water Ombudsman Queensland (EWOQ) handles personal information according to the 11 information privacy principles (IPPs) in the Information Privacy Act 2009.
These principles tell us how to collect, use, store and disclose personal information in the public sector. Our Information privacy plan details the types of personal information we hold and how we handle this information.
- Our responsibilities under the IP Act
- The information we collect (and how we use it)
- How we manage and store personal information
- Transferring information overseas
- How to apply to see or change your information records
- What to do if you are unhappy with a decision about your personal information
Further privacy information relevant to the use of the EWOQ website:
You can use the EWOQ website without revealing any personal information. In general, we don’t collect information that can identify you or your browsing activities.
- the number of visitors to the website
- how visitors arrive at the website (e.g. by typing the address, by clicking a link on a website or via a search engine)
- the number of times visitors view each page and for how long
- the times and dates of visits
- geographical location of visitors
- the browsers and operating systems that visitors use to view the website
- whether visitors’ browsers support Java and Flash
- the speed of visitors’ internet connections.
The information about how people use our website is sent to, and stored by, Google on servers outside Australia.
None of the information we record or send Google can personally identify you.
We take strong precautions to protect your data from loss, unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure, and other misuse.
However, this website doesn’t allow you to securely send information across the internet.
Read more about using our website.
To read more about how we collect, manage, use and disclose personal information held by us, read our Information Privacy Plan.
If you have questions about how we collect or use personal information, contact the Right to Information & Information Privacy Coordinator, Energy and Water Ombudsman Queensland by:
- post: PO Box 3640, South Brisbane BC Qld 4101
- phone: 1800 662 837
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org.