Scheme membership enquiry

To sell electricity or gas to residential or small business customers in Queensland, you need a retail authority from the Australian Energy Regulator (AER).

When you apply for a retail authority through the AER, you need to show that you’re a member, or taking steps to become a member, of a recognised energy industry ombudsman scheme wherever you intend to sell energy to small customers.

Complete this form to receive a letter stating that we’re conducting an initial assessment of your eligibility for membership of our scheme.

You can give this letter to the AER as part of your application.

Note: If you were looking to apply as a scheme participant, you need to complete our scheme participation application form.

Business Details
Service Details