Customer satisfaction research
We conduct regular customer satisfaction research to measure how well we’re meeting:
- our core goal of providing a free, fair and independent dispute resolution service
- the diverse needs of residential and small business electricity and gas customers across Queensland, and water customers in South East Queensland.
We use this information to improve our processes and systems.
On this page, you'll find the 2020 customer research report, as well as our reports from previous years.
Customer research report 2020
New measurement framework
Schottler Consulting conducted our latest customer research survey between December 2019 and January 2020.
The survey was based on the Australian Government’s Benchmarks for industry-based customer dispute resolution.
These benchmarks focus on the 6 key attributes of effective dispute resolution services: accessibility, independence, fairness, accountability, efficiency and effectiveness.
- 87% of surveyed customers indicated they would recommend EWOQ to others.
- 86.4% of customers reported being very satisfied with how courteous, friendly and helpful EWOQ staff were.
- 79.1% of customers reported being very satisfied with the ease of finding an ombudsman to complain about an electricity, gas or water retailer.
- 72.5% of customers were very satisfied with the time we took to investigate and resolve their complaint.
Past customer research reports
- 2015 customer satisfaction research (PDF, 2426.65 KB)
- 2013 customer satisfaction research ((PDF, 1185.66 KB))
- 2011 customer satisfaction research (PDF, 208.82 KB)
Monthly customer surveys
During 2020, we will email monthly surveys to customers who have had a complaint either:
- referred by EWOQ to a higher level within their original electricity, water or gas supplier
- independently reviewed by EWOQ.
These surveys will help us continue to improve our services to customers.