The Energy and Water Ombudsman Queensland (EWOQ) is a free, fair and independent dispute resolution service for unresolved complaints with your electricity, gas or water supplier. Before you contact EWOQ with your complaint, you must first try to resolve the problem with your electricty, gas or water company.
Free call 1800 662 837 Complaints  |   Resources  |   Scheme Participants  |   Embedded Networks

Types of complaints

Further information:

We are able to assist with complaints about

We can assist you with unresolved complaints about:

  • problems with payment
  • account errors/disputes
  • disconnections
  • damages & loss
  • energy marketing
  • energy contract issues
  • vegetation management
  • supply quality & reliability
  • extensions to supply
  • connection of supply
  • customer service issues
  • guaranteed service levels
  • equipment issues
  • bursts, leaks, blockages and spills
  • privacy breaches by energy and water companies and credit reporting bodies.


We are unable to assist with complaints about

There are a number of complaints that EWOQ cannot investigate and fall within the jurisdiction of other government authorities. To find out who to contact with your complaint, use our Energy and Water Complaints Wizard.

We cannot investigate complaints about:

  • your energy or water supplier if you have not tried to resolve the matter with them first
  • the fixing of prices or tariffs
  • a customer contribution to the cost of capital works
  • home suite products such as air conditioners, hot water systems and home electrician services offered by electricity retailers
  • on-selling of energy or water to tenants in caravan parks, retirement villages and other multi-tenanted dwellings
  • bottled LPG (liquefied petroleum gas)
  • electricity consumption over 160 megawatt hours a year
  • gas consumption over one terajoule a year
  • water consumption over 100 kilolitres for small businesses
  • water issues outside the service areas of Gold Coast City Council, Logan City Council, Redland City Council, Queensland Urban Utilities or Unitywater
  • metered standpipes, raw water supplies, tradewaste, storm-water harvesting or stand-alone recycled water
  • matters that are trivial, frivolous or vexatious in the opinion of the Energy and Water Ombudsman
  • decisions that have already been made by the Energy and Water Ombudsman or a legal proceeding
  • matters that are within the exclusive function of the energy regulator or the Queensland Competition Authority.

We cannot provide legal advice.