Before making a complaint about your energy or water supplier, you must try to resolve the problem with them first. You have to give your supplier a reasonable opportunity to resolve your complaint before contacting us for assistance.
Our tips for handling a complaint with your supplier may be useful. If you are still not satisfied after contacting your supplier, you can lodge a complaint with us. It is also a good idea to check if we can assist you with your type of complaint. If we cannot assist, there are other government agencies who may be able to help.
When making a complaint, you should provide:
- your contact details (including your address and daytime phone number)
- the name of your energy or water supplier
- your account number, and
- an outline of your complaint (a factual and concise description of the details of your complaint in the order they happened).
Lodging your complaint is simple, you can:
- Submit an online complaint form
- Freecall: 1800 662 837
Calls from mobile phones may attract charges. Let us know you're calling from a mobile and we'll call you back.
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Fax: (07) 3227 7068
- Write to: PO Box 3640, South Brisbane Qld 4101
- Authority to Act Form: The authority allows a person nominated by you to act on your behalf with the Energy and Water Omdusman Queensland (EWOQ)
Visit our nearest office:
Brisbane - Level 16, 53 Albert Street (8:30am-5pm)
Cairns - Level 1, Cairns Corporate Tower 15 Lake Street (8:30am-5pm)
Rockhampton - Level 2, 212 Quay Street (8:30am-5pm)
Interpreter services: 131 450 - For help using an interpreter visit TIS
Under the Federal Privacy Act 1988, we are only allowed to assist the actual energy account holder, unless permission, either written or verbal, has been given to act on someone else's behalf.
National Relay Service: 133 677 - For help using this service visit NRS